VCU Libraries has two main libraries, the James Branch Cabell Library on the Monroe Park Campus and Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences on the MCV Campus, as well as auxiliary library operations such as the Learning Center at Hunton Hall; the VCUQatar Library on VCU's Doha, Qatar campus; and the Community Health Education Center (CHEC), operated by the VCU Libraries in partnership with the VCU Health System.
VCU Libraries promotes the academic success of our students, invigorates research and scholarship, and advances the health care and outreach missions of the University with exemplary collections, services, spaces, and staff.
VCU Libraries opens doors to learning and discovery. Our welcoming environment inspires scholarship, creativity, and the exchange of ideas. We anticipate the needs of our community and work to exceed its expectations. We dedicate our expertise to building the best libraries for the VCU of today, and we are committed to growing in partnership with the VCU of tomorrow.
As members of the VCU Libraries Staff, we:
- Place the VCU community at the forefront of everything we do;
- Believe that higher education transforms lives;
- Affirm that a great university is built upon a great library;
- Bring a commitment to excellence and a record of innovation to the teaching, research, and health care mission of VCU;
- Serve as stewards of the University’s information resources and contribute to the world’s repository of knowledge;
- Celebrate the diverse ideas and cultures that enrich our community;
- Respect and protect the privacy of individuals;
- Abide by principles of intellectual integrity and academic freedom.