Cabell Library Undergraduate Committee
The Cabell Library Undergraduate Advisory Committee (CLUAC) promotes the value of Cabell Library in the academic and social life of undergraduates at VCU. CLUAC advises VCU Libraries in matters related to service design and implementation, programming, and promotion. Specifically, Committee members will:
- Advise and assist in the design and implementation of services affecting undergraduates.
- Attend one regular monthly meeting.
- Participate in a minimum of 4 library service activities. Opportunities include writing articles or designing ads for the CLUAC newsletter; volunteering for Cabell events; sharing feedback on specific Cabell Library initiatives, etc.
- Promote the library among VCU undergraduates.
- Offer an undergraduate perspective on relevant library issues.
Who May Apply
Enrolled, full-time VCU undergraduates from all majors and ranks are encouraged to apply. Applications will be evaluated based on demonstrated enthusiasm and skills relevant to the position. VCU Libraries seeks a diverse group of service-oriented students who will represent the various needs and perspectives of the VCU undergraduate population.
Terms of Service and Compensation
The term of service for this position is one academic year from September to May. Committee members must be able to attend one meeting a month, which will take place on selected Fridays from 1pm-2:30pm. Meeting dates are listed below. Also, members must participate in a minimum of 4 library service activities of their choosing. Committee members will receive a $100 service award upon successful completion of their term and these requirements.
- September 4, 2015
- October 2, 2015
- November 6, 2015
- December 4, 2015
- January 22, 2016
- February 12, 2016
- March 4, 2016
- April 8, 2016
2015-2016 CLUAC Members
- Ashley Rivera, Senior, Science (Health Preparation & Professional Science); & Criminal Justice
- Brandon Bailey, Junior, Psychology
- Bridget Ficaretta, Senior Interior Design
- Julia Smith, Freshman, Biomedical Engineering
- Katherine Williams, Senior, Communication Arts
- Lauren Hux, Freshman, Mathematics (Applied Mathematics & Secondary Teacher Preparation)
- Mack Edmondson, Sophomore, Biology, Pre-Med
- Minkyung Yang, Junior, Communication Arts
- Raymond Tighe, Junior, Environmental Sudies and Applied Mathematics
- Taylor Calicchia, Junior, Biology (Pre-Health / Pre-Medicine)
- Donna E. Coghill, Teaching and Learning Librarian
- Jenny Stout, Teaching and Learning Librarian
Have questions or comments about CLUAC? Email email@example.com.