New to the collection: Business and industry databases
April 22, 2013
Just in time for end-of-semester research projects, VCU Libraries introduces new databases useful to students of business, advertising, mass comm and researchers interested in business trends, entrepreneurship and corporate work and in getting the facts about private and public firms.
- IBISWorld Reports for all 723 U.S. industries categorized by NAICS include market size, competitors, forecasting, business valuations, benchmarking,business environment and global industry reports. A new module includes specialized industries such as: Forensic Accounting Services, Popcorn Production, Psychic Services, Ice Cream Making Machinery Manufacturing, Fantasy Sports Services and Medical Marijuana Growing.
- Plunkett Research Online Analysis and market research for industry sectors include trend analysis, statistics, organizations, company profiles and information for job-seekers. VCU Libraries has long offered some of the Plunkett print and online materials but in this new format they are easier to use and more accessible. Plunkett covers some 30 industries plus Asian companies, Canadian industries, international companies and middle market companies. Both IBISWorld and Plunkett are great additions to the Industry Research Guide.
- PrivCo Business and financial data on major, non-publicly traded corporations, including family-owned, private equity owned, venture backed, and international unlisted companies pulls back the curtain on private businesses such as Subway, pinkberry, IKEA, J. Crew, Levis, Arby's, Brooks Brothers, Twitter, Chanel and 80,000 more businesses that make up most of our major corporations. See Company Research Guide.
- WARC Global advertising and marketing trends, including market intelligence, case studies, conference reports, articles, expenditure data, profiles of major brand owners and consumer insight. This publisher's portfolio includes Admap, Market Leader, International Journal of Advertising, Journal of Advertising Research and International Journal of Market Research (full text). This database includes marketing case studies, advertising spending date, some content from sources like Gale American Industry and Emerging Industry Overviews, Nielsen, and more, as well as exclusive content such as a collection of advertising campaign videos.
- Best's Library Center Offers full-text insurance reports, credit reports, and other in-depth insurance industry information and statistics. It's great for any research on the insurance industry, whether you need basic information or in depth research.
For further information, contact Bettina Peacemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 828-8960.