A New Year, a New Library Website
January 3, 2014
VCU Libraries’ new website is built for speed and for easy discovery of information usage data and interviews with faculty and students reveal as the most essential. The site represents an extreme makeover. Nimble and slim, it is about one third the page count of the old.
- Landing pages scroll, making it easy to quickly scan information, organized in clear sections.
- Research and services are primary focuses followed by news, events and highlights of collections.
- Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences and James Branch Cabell Library have separate home pages—designed to serve their different students, faculty and researchers.
- Special Collections and Archives for Monroe Park and MCV campus collections are merged into one landing page.
- A special portal for faculty showcases essential links and information in one place.
- Faculty who direct students to certain pages for courses should explore the new site carefully and contact their librarian liaisons with any questions or concerns. Many old web pages have been updated and converted to librarian-managed class or subject matter guides.
Have feedback? Contact Library Web Redesign Task Force Chair Erin White at firstname.lastname@example.org