July 12, 2013
The VCU Libraries Liaison Program fosters communication and collaboration between the libraries and the university community. Librarians work closely with faculty, staff and students in specific academic units—schools, departments, colleges, centers and programs—to enhance library collections and provide services tied to subject matters and disciplines.
Many librarians keep office hours in the departments they work with. All develop research guides tied to subject matters and courses. They teach discipline-specific courses in collaboration with schools and faculty members. Request librarian-led instruction for your class.
Subject matter specialists assist in research and teaching.
- One-on-one consultation on research projects
- Tailored information management instruction for courses, classes, majors, projects
- Consultation on materials for new courses
- Literature and protocol reviews
- Research data management curation
- Assistance on scholarly communication and copyright
MCV Campus: Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences
- Among health sciences libraries nationwide, Tompkins-McCaw Library has a deep footprint in broad engagement with the schools, researchers, faculty and practitioners it serves.
- Contact Shannon Jones, Associate Director, Research and Education, (804) 828-0626 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find MCV Campus liaisons
Monroe Park Campus: James Branch Cabell Library
- Cabell Library's Department of Academic Outreach works to enhance the academic enterprise from the Monroe Park Campus.
- Contact Sara Williams, Head, Academic Outreach, (804) 828-6339 or email@example.com
- Find Monroe Park Campus liaisons