Alice W. Campbell
Digital Initiatives Archivist
Research and Learning, Special Collections and Archives
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 314-N
- M.S. Library Science, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- M.A. Art History, University of Virginia
- B.A. Religion, Mary Washington College
Previous Professional Experience
- Digital Collections Specialist, Special Collections, Virginia Tech Libraries, 2012-2013
- Cataloger, Researcher and Curator, The Texas Collection, Baylor University Libraries, 2010-2012
- Children's Librarian, Adult Reference Assistant, Central Rappahannock Regional Library System, 2005-2006; 2007-2008
- Adjunct Instructor, University of San Diego, 1993
- Reference Librarian, University of San Diego, 1993
Presentations and Exhibits
- Campbell, A. (2015). Gods and Prophets, Sages and Saints: Religious Imagination in Popular Culture .
- Campbell, A. (2015). History in Your Hands: Contraception and Family Planning.
- Campbell, A. (2015). History in Your Hands: Wonder Woman Edition.
- Campbell, A. (2015). History in Your Hands: Abraham Jakob Lewin Family.
- Campbell, A. and McDaniel, E. (2015). Omeka without pictures: creating the Comic Book Index. Digital poster session presented at the Virginia Chapter of the Association of College & Research Libraries.
- Campbell, A. (2015). Editing Wikipedia. Presented at ALTfest, Academic Learning Transformation Festival.
- Campbell, A. (2015). Telling stories in time and virtual space. Presented at VCU Libraries Digital Pragmata Brown-Bag.
- Campbell, A. (2015). A sense of occasion: the anniversary effect and the success of VCU Libraries' Freedom Now Project. Presented at The Virginia Forum.
- Campbell, A. (2014). Freedom Now Project. Project manager, researcher and curator.
- Campbell, A. (2013). What can you do with a book? Picture books as interactive technology. Presented at Virginia Library Association Paraprofessional Forum.
- Campbell, A. and Wilson, J. (2013). Believe me your own...bringing Alex and Fanny to life online. Presented at Central Louisiana Civil War Round Table, Alexandria Library Association.
- Campbell, A. (2013) Believe me your own: Letters from the battlefield to Fanny from Alex (1861-1865). Project manager, researcher and curator of online exhibit.
- Campbell, A. (2011). The morning traffic report: Using Google analytics to move beyond counting hits. Presented at Phoenix Group Staff Development Day, Denton, TX.