Film and Performing Arts Research Librarian (Instructor)
Research and Learning, Academic Outreach
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 111-C
- M.L.S., Library Science, The Catholic University of America, 1998
- B.A., English, University of Virginia, 1980
Previous Professional Experience
- Access Librarian and Head, Media and Reserve Services, VCU Libraries, 2001-2011
- Head, Media Resource Services, VCU Libraries, 1999-2001
- Manager/Library Assistant, Media Resource Services, VCU Libraries, 1987-2001
- Library Assistant, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, 1983-1987
- Manager of Information Systems and Catalog Library, Whittaker Medical International, 1981-1987
- Chenault, N. (2010). Scan to go: escalating scanning services for libraries. Presented at Richmond Academic Library Consortium “5 Minute Madness” workshop, Richmond, VA.
- Chenault, N. (2009). Copyright and reformatting challenges for libraries. Presented at panel session Intellectual Property and Public Information, VCU School of World Studies International Symposium on Languages and Cultures in “Cybrid” Practices, Richmond, VA.
- Chenault, N. and Doherty, T. (2009). Customizing Aleph v. 18 with sounds and colors to reduce circulation transaction errors. Poster at ELUNA Annual Conference, Richmond, VA.
- Chenault, N. (2008). The changing face of video: Digibeta to Blu-Ray and beyond. Richmond Academic Library Consortium Technical Services Committee Presentation, Colonial Heights, VA.
- Thomas, J., et al. (2012). Fair use and video: community practices in the fair use of video in libraries. Report by Best Practices for Fair Use and Video Working Group, OITP and VRT, American Library Association. April 27, 2012.
- Chenault, N. (2001). Review of: Social studies, post-secondary curriculum videos. Curriculum Videotape Reviews: A Joint Project by the National Association of Media and Technology and the National Media Market.
Selected VCU Libraries Service
- VIVA Last Copy Video Project
- VCU Libraries Faculty Organization, Chair, 2008-2009
- Access Services Work Group, Chair, 2003-2009
Selected University Service
- VCU Southern Film Festival
- Grace Harris Leadership Institute, VCU, graduate
- ALA Association of College and Research Libraries
- ALA Reference and User Services Association
- ALA Video Roundtable
- Communication Committee
- Association of Moving Image Archivists
- Art Libraries Society of North America
- Richmond Academic Library Consortium, Media Cooperative, Chair 2009-2012
- Music Library Association
Collection Management Subject Areas
- Dance, film studies, media, music, public speaking, theater
- James River Film Festival
- Richmond Folk Festival