Associate University Librarian for Research and Learning (Associate Professor)
Research and Learning
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 314-E
- M.L.I.S. Library and Information Studies, University of Alabama, 1997
- B.A. Music, Samford University, 1995
Previous Professional Experience
- Head of Public and Research Services, Associate Professor (with tenure), Texas A&M University Libraries, 2005-2011
- Co-founder, Global Music Archive, Vanderbilt University, 2004-2005
- Director, Anne Potter Wilson Music Library, Vanderbilt University, 2001-2005
- Music Librarian, Samford University, 1998-2001
- Faculty Member, Academic Library Leadership Institute, Vanderbilt University, 2006-2009
- Co-sponsor, Thesis Research, Angela Mace, B.M. Candidate, Blair School of Music, Vanderbilt University
- Music Appreciation, Music 200, Samford University
- Goodwin, S.G., Shurtz, S., Gonzalez, A., Clark, D.T. (2012). Assessing an e-reader lending program: From pilot to mainstream service. Library Review, 61(1).
- Clark, D.T. (2011). Review of: Leading from the middle, and other contrarian essays on library leadership. portal: Libraries and the Academy, 11(4).
- Weiner, S.G., Brevik, P., Clark, D.T., Caboni, T. (2009). Understanding the higher education context: The Peabody Academic Library Leadership Institute. Journal of Library Administration, 49(8).
- Clark, D.T. (2009). Lending Kindle ebook readers: The Texas A&M University experience. Collection Building, 28(4).
- Resnick, T. & Clark, D.T. (2009). Evolution of electronic resources support: Is virtual reference the answer? Library Hi-Tech, 27(3).
- Wan, G., Clark, D.T., et al. (2009). Key issues surrounding virtual chat reference model, a case study. Reference Services Review, 37(1).
- Clark, D.T., et al. (2008). Qualitative assessment of the Kindle e-Book: Results from early focus groups. Performance Measurement and Metrics: The International Journal for Library and Information Services, 9(2).
- Clark, D.T. & Goodwin, S.P. (2010). Two years of Kindles: The Texas A&M Libraries experience. Presented at the Computers in Libraries Conference, Washington, D.C.
- McElrath, E., Clark, D.T., de los Santos, L. (2008). Activities for learning styles. Presentation at the Texas Library Association Annual Conference, Dallas, TX.
- Clark, D.T. (2006). Practical assessment at Texas A&M: Using LibQual+ comments to enhance reference services. Paper presented at the ARL Library Assessment Conference, Charlottesville, VA.
Selected University Service
- Editorial Board, Public Services Quarterly
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries Division
- Reference and User Services Association
- Library Administration and Management Association
- Taiga Forum
- Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing
- Music Library Association
- American Musicological Society
- Society for Ethnomusicology