Teaching and Learning Librarian
Research and Learning, Teaching and Learning
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 121-K
- M.F.A. Directing, VCU, 1994
- B.F.A. Theatre, VCU, 1990
Previous Professional Experience
- Director of Marketing and Public Relations, VCU Libraries, 2006-2008
- Public Services Specialist, James Branch Cabell Library, 2004-2006
- Library Specialist, Reference and Instructional Services, James Branch Cabell Library, 2003-2004
- Project Director, New Voices for the Theater, School of the Performing Arts in the Richmond Community, 2003-2004
- Director of Education, Barksdale Theatre, 2000-2002
- Coghill, D. & Huisman, R. (2014). FYE Daily Essentials: Libraries Serving Growing Students. First-Year Experience Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Coghill, D. (2013). The librarian: Your sidekick to information literacy success. Presented at First-Year Experience Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Coghill, D. (2012). Librarians as key partners: Information fluency and the first-year experience. Presented at International First-Year Experience Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- Coghill, D., Simpson, B., Wood, R., Blessing, L. (2011). Hiring non-MLS librarians: Trends and training implications. Presented at American Library Association Annual Conference.
- Coghill, D. & Rankin, D. (2011). It's all about teamwork: Integrating the library into the first-year experience. Presented at the 30th Annual Conference on the First-Year Experience.
- Coghill, D., Orzolek, B., Prichard, F., Westmoreland, L. (2010). Research writing: The whole in the middle. Presented at Writing Across the Curriculum Conference.
- Coghill, D. & Roach, J. (2009). Integrating VCU Libraries into UNIV 111 & 112. Presented at VCU's University College Focused Inquiry Faculty Seminar.
- Effective Speech
- Professional Speaking
- Burnside Watstein LGBT Award, 2012
Current University Service
- Summer Reading Program Selection Committee
- Network Virginia Advisory Board
- Equality VCU, Co-Chair
- Alumni Board of Directors, Emeritus
- Safe Zone, Volunteer and Trainer
- Green Zone, Volunteer
Current VCU Libraries Service
- Faculty Organization, Professional Development Committee
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Phi Kappa Phi
Instruction and user education; first-year experience; career resources; undergraduate advising; transfer and non-traditional undergraduate students.
- Kym Franklin Scholarship Committee, Chair, scholarship co-founder
- Theatre VCU Scholarship Committee