Senior Associate University Librarian
Information Management and Processing
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 314-F
- M.L.S. Library Science, University of California-Los Angeles, 1978
- B.A. English, University of California-Santa Barbara, 1974
Previous Professional Experience
- Head, Bibliographic Services Department, VCU Libraries, 1984-1990
- Head, Locations Conversion Unit, Iowa State University, 1981-1983
- OCLC Systems Specialist, Iowa State University, 1980-1983
- Cataloger and Assistant Head, Search/Catalog Section, Iowa State University, 1979-1981
- Cataloger, University of California-Los Angeles, 1979-1981
- Beta Phi Mu
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Esther J. Piercy Award (ALA RTSD)
- Duke, J. (2011). VCU Libraries: Alma tip-off. Presented at Meeting of Alma Early Adopters, Des Plaines, IL.
- Duke, J. & Yu, X. (2005). Automated thesis and dissertation processing. Presented by Yu at Evolution Through Discovery, Sydney, Australia.
- Duke, J. (1997). Electronic AACR2. Presented at LITA/ALCTS Technical Services Workstation Interest Group, ALA Annual Conference, San Francisco, CA.
- Duke, J. & Xiaochang, Y. (1999). Authenticating users inside and outside the library: Implementing a proxy server. Internet Reference Services Quarterly, 4.
- Duke, J. (1994). Slow revolution: The electronic AACR2. Library Resources & Technical Services, 38: 190-194.
- Duke, J. (1991). Sprint: A microcomputer program for producing call number labels. Information Technology and Libraries, 10.
- American Library Association
- ALA Association for Library Collections and Technical Services
- Board of Directors (Director-at-Large, 2003-06; ex officio, 1994-95)
- Cataloging and Classification Section
- Executive Committee (Vice-Chair/Chair/Past-Chair, 1993-96; Member at Large, 1984-87)
- ALA Association of College and Research Libraries
- ALA Library Information Technology Association