Mary Anne Dyer
Metadata Catalog Librarian (Assistant Professor)
Information Management and Processing, Metadata and Discovery
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 230-H
- M.L.I.S. Library and Information Science, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, 2007
- M.A. Art History, VCU, 1996
- M.A. Social Science, Montclair State University, 1988
- B.A. Psychology, University of Virginia, 1979
Previous Professional Experience
- Interim Catalog and Art Resources Project Manager, VCU Libraries, 2004-2005
- Catalog Project Manager, VCU Libraries, 2001-2007
- Library Practitioner I, VCU Libraries, 1995-2001
- Office Services Assistant, VCU Libraries, 1991-1995
- Dyer, M.A. (2013). Full speed ahead: The challenges of cataloging a historic editorial cartoon collection. Presented at ARLIS/NA Annual Conference.
- Cary, K. & Dyer, M.A. (2011). Check it out! Lending e-readers and iPads at VCU Libraries. Presented at VASLA Summer Program.
- Dyer, M.A. & Hibben, Y. (2011). Collaboration in developing a book art genre index. Presented at VRA + ARLIS/NA 2nd Joint Conference.
- Dyer, M.A. (2010). Metadata selection and controlled vocabularies. Presented at RALC Technical Services Roundtable.
- Dyer, M.A. (2009). Comic book collaboration: Creating a genre index and cataloging comic books with an interdepartmental workflow. Presented at ELUNA Annual Conference.
- Dyer, M.A. (2008). Book art and comic book cataloging at VCU Libraries. Presented at RALC Technical Services Roundtable.
- Dyer, M.A. & Hibben, Y. (2012). Developing a book art genre headings index. Art Documentation, 31(1).
- American Library Association
- Art Libraries Society of North America
- Association for Library Collections and Technical Services
- Committee on Cataloging: Description and Access
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Visual Resources Association