Humanities Collections Librarian (Assistant Professor)
Information Management and Processing, Collection Analysis and Investment
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 206-A
- Ph.D. English, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 1998
- M.L.S. Library Science, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 1998
- M.A. English, Kent State University, 1986
- B.A. English and Philosophy, Old Dominion University, 1984
Previous Professional Experience
- Bibliographer for English, Journalism and Speech, University of Georgia-Athens, 1999-2001
- Farley, K. (2013). A foray into digital library publishing: The British Virginia project at VCU. Presented at The Charleston Conference, Charleston, SC.
- Farley, K. (2012). The library de-texted. Presented at Tenth International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, Montreal, Canada.
- Farley, K. (2010). Milton downed: Or, how I learned to stop worrying about the book. Presented at Eighth International Conference on New Directions in the Humanities, University of California-Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA.
- Farley, K. (2005). Some good, perchance: Shakespeare's failures. Presented at Shakespeare at Kalamazoo.
- Farley, K. (2004). Donne's transgressions. Presented at Renaissance Imprisonment Conference, HM Tower of London, UK.
- Farley, K. (2002). Raleigh and the conditions of Elizabethan authorship. Presented at Citadel Conference on English Literature, Charleston, SC.
Farley, Kevin. (2013). A foray into library digital publishing: The British Virginia project at Virginia Commonwealth University. Charleston Library Conference Proceedings, Scholarly Communication.
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- American Library Association
Collection Management Subject Areas
- African American studies, cinema, English, history, international studies, mass communications, music, philosophy, religion, world languages, literature
- Cultural studies; literary theory; media studies; history of the book and emergent textualities; libraries as experimental social environments
- British Virginia, Library Adviser, 2010-present