Head, Digital Technologies (Associate Professor)
Information Management and Processing, Digital Technologies department
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 234-A
- M.Ed. Adult Education, VCU, 1998
- M.T. Teaching, VCU, 1993
- B.A. English, College of William and Mary, 1985
Previous Professional Experience
- Librarian for Instructional Technology, VCU, 1998-2004
- Library Assistant, Reference Services, VCU, 1993-1997
- Honors module on Google
- Honors module on Information Technology Crossing Boundaries
- Ghaphery, J. (2013). Alma openURL migration strategies. Presented at Ex Libris Users of North America Annual Conference.
- Johnson, E., Ghaphery, J., Stearns, S. (2013). Unified resource management in action: Alma's impact at Boston College and Virginia Commonwealth University. Presented at Electronic Resources and Libraries Annual Conference.
- Ghaphery, J. (2010). VCU Libraries IT snapshot. Presented online at ASERL IT/Digital Initiatives Interest Group.
- Ghaphery, J., McNulty, T., Teague-Rector, S. (2009). Location, location, location: A transaction comparison of catalog searches originating from the library homepage and Aleph. Presented at Ex Libris Users of North America Annual Conference.
- Ghaphery, J. & Stearns, S. (2013). Making the most of your data: Embedding business intelligence into daily operations. Proceedings from 2012 Charleston Conference, Purdue University Library and Press.
- Ghaphery, J. & White, E. (2012). Library use of web-based research guides. Information Technology and Libraries, 31(1).
- Ghaphery, J., Teague-Rector, S., Byrd, S. (2008). Kinda just like Google: Presence and variety of search options on library homepages. Against the Grain, 20(3).
- Ghaphery, J. & Teague-Rector, S. (2008). Designing search: Effective search interfaces for academic library websites. Journal of Web Librarianship, 2(4).
Selected University Service
- Technology Advisory Group
Selected VCU Libraries Service
- Peer Review Committee
- American Library Association
- Library Information Technology Association