Humanities Research Librarian
Research and Learning, Academic Outreach
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 111-B
- M.L.I.S. Library and Information Science, University of Washington, 2005
- M.A. History, Ohio State University, 2003
- B.A. History, University of Washington, 1998
- B.A. Latin, University of Washington, 1998
Previous Professional Experience
- Program Assistant, Undergraduate Library, University of Washington, 2005-2006
- Graduate Reference Assistant, Suzzallo & Allen Library, University of Washington, 2004-2005
- Student Assistant, Art Slide Library, University of Washington, 2003-2004
- University of Washington
- Information Research Strategies in History, HIST 221
- The Ohio State University
- War in the Ancient Mediterranean World, HIST 504 (Grader)
- Early Roman Empire, 31 B.C.-A.D. 180, HIST 503 (Grader)
- Western Civilization: Antiquity to 17th Century, HIST 111 (Teaching Assistant)
- American Civilization to 1877, HIST 151 (Teaching Assistant)
- Glover, J. and Keogh, K. (2014). The artist in the library: Research services for creators. Presented at the College Art Association.
- Glover, J. (2011). Smartphones, iPads, Netbooks, and social networking. Presented at Virginia Association of Law Librarians and the Virginia Chapter of the Special Libraries Association.
- Glover, J. (2011). Google Scholar: Friend or foe? Presented at VCU Center for Teaching Excellence.
- Glover, J. and Peacemaker, B. (2010). Planning serendipitous liaison outreach. Presented at Virginia Library Association Annual Conference.
- Glover, J. & Peacemaker, B. (2009). Face(book)ing the facts: A librarian's guide to surviving Facebook. Presented at Virginia Library Association Annual Conference.
- Glover, J. & Keogh, K. (2007). Collaborating with colleagues: Promoting visual literacy across the curriculum. Presented virtually at Eye to I: Visual Literacy Meets Information Literacy, ALA Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Glover, J. & Keogh, K. (2013). Pedal to the metal: Our year of DH. dh+lib.
- Glover, J. (2010). Narrative and librarianship. In Smallwood, C. (Ed.), Writing and publishing: The librarian's handbook (4-5). Chicago: American Library Association.
- Glover, J. (2010). Poetry and librarianship. In Smallwood, C. (Ed.), Writing and publishing: The librarian's handbook (4-5). Chicago: American Library Association.
- Glover, J., Bosman, R., Prince, M. (2008). Growing adult readers: Promoting leisure reading in academic libraries. Urban Library Journal (15)1.
- Glover, J. (2007). Telling stories to get the job. LIScareer.
Selected University Service
- University Hearing Board
- VCU Safe Zone
Selected VCU Libraries Service
- Peer Review Committee
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries
- Literatures in English Section
- Executive Committee, Ex Officio
- Editor, Biblio-Notes
- Publications Committee
- Co-chair, Reference Discussion Group
- Arts Section
- ACRL Digital Curation Interest Group
- Literatures in English Section
Collection Management Subject Areas
- Libarianship. Cabell Reference Collection: humanities.
- Humanities librarianship; digital humanities; information literacy; library outreach; writing; research practices of writers
- James River Writers, Board of Directors