Director, Research Data Management
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Room 144-E
- M.L.I.S. Library and Information Science, University of Western Ontario, 1986
- B.Sc. Hons. Ecology and Evolution, University of Western Ontario, 1984
- Graduate Certificate in Biomedical Informatics, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 2012
Previous Professional Experience
- Library Specialist, Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, VCU, 2006-2013
- Librarian Consultant, Bon Secours Richmond Health System, 2004-2009
- Librarian Consultant, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Library, 2000-2007
- Director of Libraries and Archives, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 1992-1999
- Education Manager, DNA Learning Center, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 1990-1992
- Scientific Writing and Grantsmanship
- Evidence-Based Medicine for Ob/Gyn Clerkship students
- Resources for Internal Medicine Residents
- Genetics Resources lectures for biology and medicine students
- Basic and Advanced PubMed
- Henderson, M.E. (2012). Librarians connecting EHR data. Paper presented at the MLA Quad Chapter Meeting, Baltimore, MD.
- Henderson, M. (2010). Do we need third-party PubMed/MEDLINE tools? Lightning poster at Annual Meeting, Medical Library Association.
- Henderson, M. & Colglazier, M. (2008). A cost-saving strategy on the horizon: Deep discount pricing on society journal site licenses based on professional membership expenses. Poster presented at Annual Meeting, Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Medical Library Association.
- Henderson, M. & Colglazier, M. (2008). Helping nurses reach for magnet status: Facilitating collaboration and information sharing. Poster presented at Annual Meeting, Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Medical Library Association.
- Henderson, M., Wright, B.A., Canevari, C.S., Lubker, I.M. (2008). Striving for new peaks in reference services: Becoming strategic partners in research initiatives. Paper presented at Annual Meeting, Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Medical Library Association.
- Henderson, M. & Lubker, I. (2008). Using RefShare to complement resource guides. Poster presented at Annual Meeting, Medical Library Association.
- Henderson, M. (2013). Review of: The Philadelphia chromosome: A mutant gene and the quest to cure cancer at the genetic level. Library Journal, 138(9), 97.
- Henderson, M. (2013). Review of: Facilitating access to the web of data: A guide for librarians. Reference & User Services Quarterly, 52(3), 255-256.
- Henderson, M. (2013). Review of: Why humans like to cry: The evolutionary origins of tragedy. Library Journal, 138(5), 124.
- Henderson, M. (2013). Review of: Textiles: The art of mankind. Library Journal, 138(5), 99.
- Brady, K., Brown, R., Johnson, E., Jones, S., Henderson, M., Ladd, D., et al. (2012). Profiles in science for science librarians: John Bennett Fenn. Science & Technology Libraries, 31, 46-63.
- Henderson, M. (2012). Review of: Beyond the magic bullet: The anti-cancer cocktail; A new approach to beating cancer. Library Journal, 137(5), 126-126.
- Henderson, M. (2012). Review of: Advanced textiles for health and well-being. Library Journal, 137(3), 102-102
- Henderson, M. (2011). Internet resources: Personalized medicine. MLA News, 51(3), 8.
- Henderson, M. (2011). Tropical Medicine and Regenerative Medicine sections. In L. L. Thompson (Ed.), The medical library association's mater guide to authoritative information resources in health sciences. New York: Neal-Schuman Publishers, Inc.
- Lubker, I.M., Henderson, M.E., Canevari, C.S., Wright, B.A. (2010). Refocusing reference services outside the library building: One library's experience. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 29(3), 218-228. doi:10.1080/02763869.2010.494478
Selected University Service
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- SOM Information Technology Advisory Committee
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished Member
- Association for Information Science and Technology
- Medical Library Association
- Continuing Education Committee
- Molecular Biology and Genomics Special Interest Group, Convener
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the MLA
- Research and Assessment Committee, 2009-12
- Science Fair Judge, Metro Richmond STEM Fair, sponsored by the Math Science Innovation Center