Head, Innovative Media (Assistant Professor)
Research and Learning, Innovative Media department
James Branch Cabell, Room 303
- M.S. Library and Information Studies, Florida State University, 2008
- M.A. U.S. History, George Mason University, 1997
- B.A. History, College of William and Mary, 1993
Previous Professional Experience
- Head, Outreach and Public Services, Department of Digital Research and Scholarship, University of Virginia Library, 2011-2013
- New Media Specialist, Thomas Jefferson Foundation, 2009-2011
- Web Services Librarian, Jefferson Library, Thomas Jefferson Foundation, 2009
- Library Services Coordinator, Jefferson Library, Thomas Jefferson Foundation, 2006-2009
- Owner/Proprietor, The Cybernetick Inkwell Web Design and Development, 2002-2008
- Boggs, J., Johnson, E.D.M. et al. (2012). Realigning digital humanities training: The Praxis program at the Scholars' Lab. Poster presentation at Digital Humanities 2012, Hamburg, Germany.
- Brennan, S., Johnson, E.D.M. et al. (2011). History museums are not art museums: Discuss! Panel presentation at Museum Computer Network Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Johnson, E.D.M., Smith, K., et al. (2011). What's the point of a museum website? Panel presentation at Museum Computer Network Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Houston, A., Johnson, E.D.M., et al. (2011). Where is the 'commons' in learning commons? Panel presentation at Virginia Library Association Conference, Portsmouth, VA.
- Johnson, E.D.M. (2011). Social media and organizational change. Presented at Museums and the Web 2011, Philadelphia, PA.
- Boggs, J., Johnson, E.D.M., McClurken, J. (2011). Jumpstarting your digital media projects: Teaching, connecting and publishing. Workshop at Virginia Forum, Lexington, VA.
- Johnson, E.D.M. (2009). Context management systems. Unconference session chair at THATCamp 2009, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA.
- Johnson, E.D.M. (2009). Digital archives and the power of the internet. Session chair at Virginia Forum, Farmville, VA.
- Johnson, E.D.M. (2008). Creative library portals. Presented at Virginia Library Association Annual Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Gilbert, J., Graham, W., Johnson, E.D.M. (2011). The practitioner's art: The master's degree in the digital humanities. In Nowviskie, B. (Ed.) Alternative Academic Careers for Humanities Scholars, MediaCommons.
- Johnson, E.D.M. and Kazmer, M.M. (2011). Library hospitality: Some preliminary considerations. Library Quarterly, (81)4: 383-403.
- Allen-Greil, D., Edwards, S., Johnson, E., Ludden, J. (2011). In Trant, J. and Bearman, D. (Eds.) Social media and organizational change. Museums and the Web 2011: Proceedings. Denver: Archives and Museum Informatics.
- Association for Computers and the Humanities
- Beta Phi Mu Library and Information Science Honor Society
- Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center, Board of Directors
- Rivanna Master Naturalists, Webmaster and Board Member
- Richmond Torch Club, Historian and Board Member
- Virginia Association of Colleges and Employers New Member of the Year