Project Archivist (Instructor)
Tompkins-McCaw Library, TML Special Collections and Archives
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Room 1-030
- M.S. Information Science, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, 2013
- M.A. American History, University of Richmond, 2007
- B.A. History, Emory & Henry College, 1998
Previous Professional Experience
- Senior Project Archivist, Virginia Historical Society, 2007-2010
- Library Clerk, Virginia Historical Society, 2005-2007
- Kidd, M. (2013). True single search: The good, the bad and the ugly. Presented at MARAC Spring Conference.
- Kidd, M., McDaniel E., Roach, J. (2012). MLS 2.0: Earning a Master’s in library science in an online program. Presented at 2012 VLA Paraprofessional Conference.
- Kidd, M. (2013). Sunday does not come in camp. Heritage Scholarly Bulletin, fall issue.
- Kidd, M. (2013). Confessions of a local arrangements co-chair. Mid-Atlantic Archivist, vol. 42 no. 1 winter.
- Kidd, M. (2013). Call me Katie. Virginia Historical Society blog.
- Kidd, M. (2013). Sins of a nation: Virginia Methodists and the civil war. Heritage Scholarly Bulletin, spring issue.
- Kidd, M. & McClung, S. (2013). Sketchy medicine: Comics and graphic novels as medical narrative. Tompkins-McCaw Library.
Selected VCU Libraries Service
- Professional Development Committee
- Faculty Senate, First Alternate
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference
- Society of American Archivist
- Virginia Heritage, Outreach
- Religious history; women's history
- Publication Committee, Heritage Scholarly Bulletin
- Caretakers of God's Creation (a ministry of the United Methodist Church), Board Member
- Emory & Henry College Alumni Board