Teresa L. Knott
Director, TML and Associate University Librarian (Associate Professor)
Administration, Tompkins-McCaw Library
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Room 142
- M.P.A. Public Administration, University of Texas at El Paso, 1990
- M.L.S. Library Science, University of Oklahoma, 1982
- B.U.S. University Studies, University of New Mexico, 1980
Previous Professional Experience
- Deputy Director, Health Sciences and Human Services Library, University of Maryland, 2004-2009
- Associate Director and Faculty Associate, Delia-Montes Gallo Library of the Health Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1985-2004
- Reference Librarian and Faculty Associate, Library of the Health Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1984-1985
- Assistant Reference Librarian and Faculty Associate, Library of the Health Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1983-1984
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Member, Academy of Health Information Professionals
- NLM/AAHSL Leadership Fellow, 2005-2006
- South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association Distinguished Service Award, 2004
- Medical Informatics MBL/NLM Course Fellow, 2003
- Bodamer, C.N., Byrne, B.E., Bryk, M.L., Jones, S.D., Knott, T.L., Pellegrini, J.M., Weaver, M.G., Wood, I. (2012). Growing knowledge and connections across disciplines: An interdisciplinary faculty learning community focused on active learning. Presented at Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA.
- Green, M.J., Henderson, M., Hughes, K, Knott, T.L. (2010). Lightning poster: Passport to excellence: A training program to encourage active learning. Poster presented at Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C.
- Green, M.J., Henderson, M., Hughes, K., Knott, T.L. (2009). Passport to excellence: A training program to encourage active learning. Presented at Three by the Sea: MLA TriChapter/MLA Meeting, Atlantic City, NJ.
- Knott, T.L. (2008). Online social networking services 101. Presented at "Are You Connect.ed?: Social Networking Tools for Collaborating, Teaching & Learning," Health Sciences and Human Services Library, Baltimore, MD.
- Knott, T.L. (2013). Succession Planning. MLA News, 53(1): 14. [column]
- Knott, T.L. (2012). Leadership Development: Positioning Yourself for the Next Step. MLA News, 52 (9): 6. [column]
- Knott, T.L., Scott, U.K. (1994). New Perspectives in Information Retrieval. Clinical Reviews in Allergy, 12 (2): 201-210.
- Knott, T.L. (2007). Evolving internet reference resources. [Review of the book Evolving internet reference resources edited by W. Miller and R.M. Pellen] Journal of the Medical Library Association, 95 (3): 360.
- Knott, T. (2004). Medical librarianship. HOSA E-magazine.
Selected University Service
- MCV Campus Associate and Assistant Deans Committee
- VCU Residency Appeals Committee
Selected VCU Libraries Service
- Electronic Resources Committee, Administrative Council Liaison
- Development and Public Relations Coordinating Committee, Chair
- Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries
- Future Leadership Committee
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Group on Information Resources, VCU Institutional Representative
- Medical Library Association
- Section Council
- Leadership and Management Section, Past Chair
- Medical Informatics Section
- Professional Recruitment and Retention Committee, Section Council Representative
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association
- South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association
- VCU Institute for Women's Health, Professional Advisory Committee
- New England Journal of Medicine Library Advisory Board