Ibironke Lawal, Ph.D.
Engineering and Science Collections Librarian
Information Management and Processing, Collection Analysis and Investment
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 204
- Ph.D. Education, VCU, 2008
- M.A. Communications, Michigan State University, 1985
- M.L.S. Librarianship, University of Ibadan, 1974
- B.S. Zoology/Botany, University of Lagos, 1968
Previous Professional Experience
- Coordinator, Branch Science Libraries, University of Virginia, 1995-2000
- Physical Sciences Reference Librarian, Dartmouth College, 1992-1995
- Head Acquisitions/Collection Management, University of Ife, Ile Ife, Nigeria, 1974-1990
- Collection Management, LSC 608, Catholic University of America
- The College and University Library, LSC 801, Catholic Univeristy of America
- Lawal, I. (2012). Sub group response variability in the information control dimension of LIBQUAL+ survey. Poster presented at the Charleston Conference.
- Lawal, I.O. (2011). Using LIBQUAL results to improve service quality at Virginia Commonwealth University. Paper presented at ALA Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Hassell, A., Lawal, I., Robnolt, V., Watwood, B. (2011). Openness to integrating technology: Assessing faculty and student perceptions. Poster presented at the Educause Learning Initiative Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Lawal, I. (2011). LibQual: Library as a place: Before and after. Presented ALA Annual Conference.
- Lawal, I. (2010). Weeding science collections. Paper presented at ALA Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Lawal, I.O. (2009). Library and information science research in the 21st century: A guide for practicing librarians and students. Oxford: Chandos Publishing Limited.
- Lawal, I.O. (2008). Student success in college: An examination of the relationship between institutional expenditures and persistence. [A dissertation submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy at Virginia Commonwealth University.]
- Lawal, I.O. (2007). Electronic reference works and library budgeting dilemma. Acquisitions Librarian, 19(2/3): 47-62. Also published in D. Su (Ed.), Collection Development: Issues in the Online Environment.
- Lawal, I.O. (2007). Women in science and engineering: The politics of gender. Proceedings of the ASEE Annual Conference (Session AC 2007-2250).
- Lawal, I.O. (2002). Scholarly communication: The use and non-use of e-print archives for the dissemination of scientific information. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship, fall. Retrieved from http://www.istl.org/02-fall/article3.html. [ASEE-ELD Best Paper Award 2003].
- Lawal, I.O. (1995). Metal-working in Africa south of the Sahara: An annotated bibliography. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press.
- Special Libraries Association
- American Society for Engineering Education
- American Chemical Society, Chemical Information Division
- Association of College and Research Libraries, Science and Technology Section
- American Library Association