Materials Curator (Instructor)
VCUQatar Library, Room 2203
- M.B.A. International Finance, Columbia University, 1994
- B.A. Russian Studies, Dartmouth College, 1988
Previous Professional Experience
- Chief Operating Officer, Material ConneXion, New York, 2009-2010
- Director of Public Programs, Material ConneXion, New York, 2005-2009
- Director of Academic Programs, Material ConneXion, New York, 2003-2005
- Senior Editor, Sotheby’s, New York, 1999-2001
- Assistant to the Chair, American Foundation for AIDS Research, New York, 1995-1999
- Design Strategies and Ethics for Business, DESI 605, VCUQatar
- Materials and Methods, DESI 510, VCUQatar
- Lombard, R. (2013). Grow: The future of materiality. Presented at Concept Space Opening, Katara Art Center, Qatar.
- Lombard, R. (2013). Taseem workshop #1: The material is the metaphor is the material. Team presentation at Taseem Doha, Doha, Qatar.
- Lombard, R. (2011). Sustainable building materials: New developments. Presented at Eco House Competition Seminar, University of Nizwa, Nizwa, Oman.
- Lombard, R. (2009). Math factor: The quest for patterns, proportions and perfection in design. MATTER magazine, (6)3.
- Lombard, R. (2008). Luxurious necessities: Majora Carter and sustainable south Bronx. MATTER magazine, 5(3).
Selected VCUQatar University Service
- HBKU Faculty Advisory Committee