Research and Education Librarian
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Research and Education
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Room 144-D
- M.S. Library Science, The Catholic University of America, 2010
- B.S. Biology, Mount Saint Vincent University, 2005
- Johnson, E., Dodd-McCue, D., Tartaglia, A., McDaniel, J. (2013). Mapping the literature of allied health: Healthcare chaplaincy. Journal of the Medical Library Association.
- Gariepy, L.W., Mazure, E.S., McDaniel, J.A., White, E.R. (2013). Staff training in using LibGuides to enhance library services: A LITA guide. ALA Techsource.
- Brady, K., Brown, R., Johnson, E., Jones, S., Henderson, M., Ladd, D., Lubker, I., McDaniel, J. (2012). Profiles in science for science librarians: John Bennett Fenn. Science & Technology Libraries, 31(1): 46-63. doi:10.1080/0194262X.2012.648085
- Kules, B. & McDaniel, J. (2010). LIS program expectations of incoming students' technology knowledge and skills. Journal of Education for Library & Information Science, 51(4): 222-232.
- El-Khayat, Y., Hernandez, J., McDaniel, J.A., Rodriguez, M.B., Williams, F. (2012). Focus on minority health: Initiatives and challenges to accessing health information. Panel presentation at The Joint Conference of Librarians of Color, Kansas City, MO.
- McDaniel, J., Hernandez, J., Babcock-Ellis, A. (2011). Bridging health information services gaps through community outreach programs at the public library. Presented at IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
- McDaniel, J. (2010). Matching U.S. African American librarians' experience to the U.S. Association of Research Libraries Data. Presented at Bridging the Spectrum: A Symposium on Scholarship and Practice in Library and Information Science, The Catholic University of America.
- Kules, B. & McDaniel, J. (2010). What do LIS programs expect their incoming students to know about technology? Presented at the Annual Conference for the Association for Library and Information Science Education.
Selected University Service
- MCV Campus Student Support Services Professionals Committee
Selected VCU Libraries Service
- Faculty Organization, Vice Chair/Chair Elect
- Grievance Board
- Nominating Committee
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Medical Library Association
- Special Libraries Association