Assistant Head, Academic Outreach and Business Research Librarian (Assistant Professor)
Research and Learning, Academic Outreach
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 121-H
- M.L.S. Library Science, University of Maryland-College Park, 2002
- B.A. Sociology, Anthropology concentration, Mary Washington College, 1999
Previous Professional Experience
- Assistant Head for Research Services and Research Librarian for Business, VCU Libraries, 2008-2013
- Reference Librarian for Business and Liaison Coordinator, VCU Libraries, 2007-2008
- Reference Librarian for Business and the Social Sciences, VCU Libraries, 2004-2007
- 24/7 Coordinator, University of Maryland University College, 2004
- Reference and Instruction Librarian, University of Maryland University College, 2002-2004
Honors and Awards
- Best Collection Materials, VCU Libraries The Compass, The Academic Library Advancement and Development Network annual conference, 2014
- Grace Harris Leadership Institute, VCU, graduate
- Information Literacy and Research Methods, LIBS 150, University of Maryland University College
- Teaching with WebTycho Training Course (Library and Information Literacy Module), CTLA 201, Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Maryland University College
- Peacemaker, B., Robinson, S., Scott, M. (2014). Reach out in a new direction: Applying public relations best practices to academic outreach. Poster presented at the American Library Association annual conference.
- Peacemaker, B., Robinson, S., Scott, M. (2014). Diversity project: Poster series connects core values to library materials and expertise. Poster presented at the American Library Association annual conference.
Peacemaker, B. & Roseberry, M. (2014). Advance graduate research: Re-examining outreach with workshops. Poster presented at SLA Annual Conference.
- Hanneman, K. & Peacemaker, B. (2014). The digital portfolio: Storytelling from student to professional. Presented at Virginia Association of Colleges and Employers Annual Conference.
- Doherty, T. & Peacemaker, B. 24 hour in-house text service: How our secret ingredients led to success. Presented at ALA Annual FEAST: Future & Emerging Access Service Trends.
- Glover J. & Peacemaker, B. (2013). Always online: Librarians changing role in the learning landscape. Presented at VCU Online Learning Summit.
- Peacemaker, B. (2010). Face(book)ing the facts: A social networking update. Presented at VASLA Spring Program.
- Glover, J. & Peacemaker. (2010). Planning serendipitous liaison outreach. Poster presented at VLA Annual Conference.
- Boger, P., Bryan, J.L., Peacemaker, B. (2010). Who's driving the technology bandwagon - the users or the librarians? Presented at ALA Annual Conference.
- Glover, J. & Peacemaker, B. (2009). Face(book)ing the facts: A librarian's guide to surviving Facebook. Presented at VLA Annual Conference.
- Mulherrin, E., Olson, S., Phifer, B. (2005). Onine BI: Virtual library instruction for the next generation. Library Instruction: Restating the Need, Refocusing the Response. Ann Arbor, Michigan: Pierian Press, 159-161.
- Special Libraries Association, President, Virginia Chapter
- American Libraries Association
- Business Reference and Services Section
Collection Management Subject Areas
- Cabell Reference Collection: business
- Richmond SCORE, presented "Resources for Entrepreneurs" for counselors