Teaching and Learning Librarian (Instructor)
Research and Learning, Teaching and Learning
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 230
- M.S. Library Science, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 2010
- B.A. Anthropology, University of Mary Washington, 2008
Previous Professional Experience
- Reference and Instruction Librarian, Doris and Harry Vise Library, Cumberland University, 2010-2012
- Reference and Instruction Graduate Assistant, R.B. House Undergraduate Library, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 2009-2010
- Reference Graduate Assistant, Walter Royal Davis Library, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 2008-2010
- Graduate Research Consultant, Office of Undergraduate Research, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 2009
- Stout, J. & Woodard, A. (2012). Transforming the freshman experience in our library...and yours!. Presented at Tennessee Library Association Annual Conference Poster Session, Knoxville, TN.
- Stout, J. (2008). Cool virgins: The discourse of Christian abstinence movements. Presented at Southern Anthropological Society Annual Conference, Staunton, VA.
- Stout, J. (2007). Hair and femininity. Presented at Southern Anthropological Society Annual Conference, Oxford, MS.
- Stout, J. (2013). Review of: Sustaining activism: A Brazilian women's movement and a father-daughter collaboration. Library Journal.
- Stout, J. (2012). Review of: The god problem: Expressing faith and being reasonable. Library Journal.
- Stout, J. (2012). Review of: Straight: The surprisingly short history of heterosexuality. Library Journal.
- Stout, J. (2011). Review of: The wedding night: A cultural history. Library Journal, XPress Reviews.
- Stout, J. (2011). Review of: Lucretia Mott's heresy: Abolition and women's rights in nineteenth-century America. Library Journal.
- Stout, J. (2011). Review of: Julian of Norwich, theologian. Library Journal.
- Stout, J. (2011). Review of: Performing American masculinities: The 21st century man in popular culture. Tennessee Libraries, 61(3).
Selected University Service
- University College Curriculum Committee
- Information Fluency Committee
Selected VCU Libraries Service
- VCUL LibQual+ Survey Committee
- VCUL LibGuides Review Group
- Beta Phi Mu (International Library and Information Studies Honor Society)
- American Library Association
- New Members Round Table
- Instruction and user education; information literacy; assessment; readers' advisory; gender studies