Head, Resource Delivery Services (Assistant Professor)
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Resource Delivery Services department
James Branch Cabell Library, Room 215-A
- M.L.S. Library Science, North Carolina Central University, 1978
- B.A. Political Science, Johnson C. Smith University, 1976
- A.A. Political Science, Kittrell College, 1974
Previous Professional Experience
- Head, Access Services and Circulation and Reserves, VCU, 1991-2001
- Manager of Technical Services, Alachua County Library District, 1987-1990
- Law Librarian, Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge, Rice, 1983-1986
- Serials Librarian, Appalachian State University, 1982-1983
- Serials Librarian, Winston-Salem State University, 1977-1981
- Evidence-Based Dentistry section on searching the catalog, determining journal availability, School of Dentistry, VCU
- Freshman Orientation, Winston-Salem State University
- Thomas, S. (2010). What we gather, how we use it and who we provide it to: Interlibrary loans and collection management statistics. Presented at ALA/RUSA/STARS Preconference.
- Thomas, S. (2009). Doing more with less. Presented at OCLC ILLiad Annual International Conference.
- Thomas, S. & Ohree, L. (2008). Common best practices made easy with ILLiad. Presented at OCLC ILLiad Annual International Conference.
- Thomas, S. et al. (2012). White paper: Lending non-traditional materials through interlibrary loan services. Resource Sharing Committee Blog, VIVA Resource Sharing Committee Blog.
- Thomas, S. (submitted 2012). Resends and special messages. OCLC/Atlas Newsletter.
- Thomas, S. (2007). Managing interlibrary loan staff in distributed work environment. Journal of Interlibrary Loan, Document Delivery and Electronic Reserves, 17.
- Thomas, S. (2007). Scanning best practices for interlibrary loan. Shareill, fall.
Selected VCU Libraries Service
- Alma Implementation Task Force
- Management Council
- Screening and Search Committees
- ALA Reference and User Services Association
- Membership Committee
- Organization Committee
- Research and Statistics Committee
- Virtual Library of Virginia, Resource Sharing Committee
- Volunteer at Henrico County Public School System