Head, TML Collections (Associate Professor)
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Collections department
Tompkins-McCaw Library, Room B-002
- M.S. Library Science, The Catholic University of America, 1986
- B.A. English, Randolph-Macon College, 1976
Previous Professional Experience
- Education Services Librarian, VCU Libraries, 2001-2004
- Manager, Education Services, VCU Libraries, 1995-2001
- Manager, Information and Instructional Services, VCU Libraries, 1993-1995
- Manager, Outreach Services, VCU Libraries, 1993
- Medical Reference Librarian, VCU Libraries, 1986-1992
- Health Informatics, ALHP 718, School of Allied Health Professions, VCU
- Turman, L., Calarco, P.V., Self, P., Clement, D.G. (2001). Charting a new course: Development and delivery of a doctoral survey course in health informatics. Poster presented at annual meeting of the American Society for Information Science and Technology and annual meeting of the American Medical Informatics Association, Washington, D.C.
- Turman, L., Calarco, P.V., Self, P. (2000). To boldly go...enterprising instruction in cyberspace. Paper contributed at annual meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter/Medical Library Association, Roanoke, VA.
- Turman, L., Self, P.C., Calarco, P.V. (2004). Teaching a web-based course in health informatics. Reference Services Review, 32(1): 21-25.
- Turman, L. (1997). Library instruction in the human genetics curriculum. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 16(3): 75-79.
- Medical Library Association, Mid-Atlantic Chapter
Collection Management Subject Areas
- Health sciences