Head, Research and Library Technology, VCUQatar (Instructor)
VCUQatar Library, Room 106-Q
- M.A. Information Resources and Library Science, University of Arizona, 2008
- M.F.A. Painting, Arizona State University, 2004
- B.F.A. Fine Art - Painting and Printmaking, University of Wyoming, 2000
- B.A. Journalism, University of Wyoming, 1998
Previous Professional Experience
- Design Research Librarian, VCU Qatar, 2009-2011
- Library Supervisor, Arizona State University, Polytechnic Campus, 2007-2009
- Adjunct Art Instructor, Arizona State University, 2005-2007
- Senior Library Specialist, Arizona State University, Polytechnic Campus, 2006-2007
- Adjunct Art Instructor, Mesa Community College, 2006
- Design Research Methodologies
- Interdisciplinary Design Seminar
- Wirtz, M. (2013). Deeply embedded: Library studio partnerships in the development of a graduate design curriculum. Presented at Art Libraries Association of North America.
- Wirtz, M. (2012). Information literacy by design: An integrative partnership in the graduate studio. Presented at Information Literacy Network of the Gulf Region.
- Wirtz, M. (2011). Discovery by design: A wayfinding approach to browsing. Poster presented at Art Libraries Society of North America/ Visual Resources Association.
- Wirtz, M. (2010). We’re not that smart: How our brains fools us and what it means for information literacy. Presented at Information Literacy Network of the Gulf Region.
- Erickson, M., Klein, J., Wirtz, M. (2011). Objective-driven evaluation: A collaboration between studio foundations and art educations. FATE in Review, 32.
- Wirtz, M. (2006). Artwork featured in: Ellin, Nan, and Edward Booth-Clibborn. Phoenix: 21st Century City. Booth-Clibborn.
- Wirtz, M. (2006). Featured artist in: New American Painting 66. Open Studios Press, Boston, MA.
Current VCUQatar Committee Work
- VCUQatar Tasmeem Journal Committee, Co-Editor
Current VCUQatar Libraries Committee Work
- Systems Team, Chair
- Instruction Team
- Collection Development Team