VCU Libraries Faculty Vita
Undergraduate Research Librarian
Research and Instructional Services
Room 135, James Branch Cabell Library
M.S. Library Science. School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. 2012.
B.A. History and Political Science. Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA. 2010.
Previous Professional Experience
Field Experience Intern. Research and Information Services, D.H. Hill Library, North Carolina State University. January - May 2012.
Graduate Assistant. Research and Information Services, D.H. Hill Library, North Carolina State University. February 2011 – May 2012.
Graduate Assistant. North Carolina Digital Heritage Center. September 2010 – May 2012.
Special Projects Intern. Gettysburg Campus Library, Harrisburg Area Community College, Gettysburg, PA. June – August 2010.
Barbara Holley Intern. Technical Services Department, Musselman Library, Gettysburg College. May – August 2010.
Esther Kenyon Fortenbaugh Intern. Special Collections and College Archives, Musselman Library, Gettysburg College. January – May 2010.
Esther Kenyon Fortenbaugh Intern, and Reference Specialist. Reference and Instruction Department, Musselman Library, Gettysburg College. 2009.
Technology Use and Collaboration in Group Study Rooms: A Study of Students in D.H. Hill Library, North Carolina State University. At "Assessing the Present and Preparing for the Future: A Symposium of Current LIS Research." UNC Chapel Hill, May 2012.
Student Needs and Expectations of Academic Library Spaces. North Carolina State University Libraries, May 2012.
The State of the Archives: Current Issues in Newspaper Digitization. Poster. Society of North Carolina Archivists 2012 Annual Conference.
University Committee Work
Fulbright Scholarship Campus Review Panels, 2012-present.
Auctus, The Undergraduate Journal of Research and Creative Scholarship at VCU.
- Faculty Advisor, 2012-present.
VCU Libraries Committee Work
American Library Association (ALA). 2010-present.
- Library Instruction Round Table (LIRT), 2013-present.
- Teaching, Learning and Technology Committee, beginning June 2013.
- New Members Round Table (NMRT), 2012-present.
- Intern, Committee on Legislation, 2011-present.
- Telecommunications Subcommittee, 2012-present.
- Government Information Government Information Subcommittee, 2011-2012.
Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL). 2012-present.
- University Libraries Section, 2012-present.
- Instruction Section, 2012-present.
Library Leadership and Management Association (LLAMA). 2013-present.
- LLAMA Mentoring Program, Mentee. 2013-present.
- Library Organization and Management Section. 2013-present.
- Measurement Assessment and Evaluation Section. 2013-present.
Virginia Library Association. 2012-present.
- Scholarship Committee, 2013-present.
- Treasurer, Student Chapter at UNC Chapel Hill, 2011. Chapter was the recipient of the Certficate of Merit from the LSA Student and Academic Affairs Council.
Special Libraries Association. 2010-2011.
Pi Lambda Sigma, National Honorary Business and Pre-Legal Fraternity. 2009-present.
Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority
- Archivist, 2013 - present.
- Membership Recruitment Advisor, Epsilon Sigma Chapter, Virginia Commonwealth University. 2012-present.
- Membership Recruitment Advisor, Delta Delta Chapter, UNC Chapel Hill. 2010-2012.
- Alumna, Delta Omicron Chapter, Gettysburg College. 2007-present.
Certified Diversity Advocate. UNC Chapel Hill, 2012.