VCU Libraries Faculty Vita
Teaching and Learning Librarian
Teaching and Learning
Room 135, James Branch Cabell Library
M.S. Library Science, School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012.
B.A. History and Political Science, Gettysburg College, 2010
Previous Professional Experience
Field Experience Intern, Research and Information Services, D.H. Hill Library, North Carolina State University, January - May 2012
Graduate Assistant, Research and Information Services, D.H. Hill Library, North Carolina State University, February 2011 – May 2012
Graduate Assistant, North Carolina Digital Heritage Center, September 2010 – May 2012
Special Projects Intern, Gettysburg Campus Library, Harrisburg Area Community College, June – August 2010
Barbara Holley Intern, Technical Services Department, Musselman Library, Gettysburg College, May – August 2010.
Technology Use and Collaboration in Group Study Rooms: A Study of Students in D.H. Hill Library, North Carolina State University. At "Assessing the Present and Preparing for the Future: A Symposium of Current LIS Research." UNC Chapel Hill, May 2012.
Student Needs and Expectations of Academic Library Spaces. North Carolina State University Libraries, May 2012.
The State of the Archives: Current Issues in Newspaper Digitization. Poster. Society of North Carolina Archivists 2012 Annual Conference.
University Committee Work
Fulbright Scholarship Campus Review Panels, 2012-present
Auctus, The Undergraduate Journal of Research and Creative Scholarship at VCU, Faculty Advisor, 2012-present
VCU Libraries Committee Work
American Library Association, 2010-present
- Library Instruction Round Table, 2013-present
- Teaching, Learning and Technology Committee, 2013-present
- New Members Round Table, 2012-present
- Endnotes Committee
- Government Information Government Information Subcommittee, 2011-2012
Association of College and Research Libraries, 2012-present
- University Libraries Section, 2012-present
- Instruction Section, 2012-present
Library Leadership and Management Association,2013-present
- LLAMA Mentoring Program, Mentee, 2013-present
- Library Organization and Management Section, 2013-present
- Measurement Assessment and Evaluation Section, 2013-present
Virginia Library Association, 2012-present
- Scholarship Committee, 2013-present
- Treasurer, Student Chapter at UNC Chapel Hill, 2011; Chapter was the recipient of the Certficate of Merit from the LSA Student and Academic Affairs Council.
Special Libraries Association, 2010-2011
Pi Lambda Sigma, National Honorary Business and Pre-Legal Fraternity, 2009-present
Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority
- National Archivist, 2013 - present
- Membership Recruitment Advisor, Epsilon Sigma Chapter, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2012-present
- Membership Recruitment Advisor, Delta Delta Chapter, UNC Chapel Hill, 2010-2012
- Alumna, Delta Omicron Chapter, Gettysburg College, 2007-present
Certified Diversity Advocate. UNC Chapel Hill, 2012