The VCU Libraries has released an important new addition to the VCU Libraries Digital Collections: The VCU Board of Visitors Minutes. The fully searchable PDFs are the official minutes of the Board and its Executive Committee, from the very first meeting on April 23, 1968, up to June 26, 2007. Minutes from 2007 to the present are currently available on the Board's Web site and will be incorporated into the library's collection at a later date.As a record of the governing body of the university, the Board minutes are an important historical source that documents the emergence and evolution of Virginia Commonwealth University. The institution was formed by the union of the Medical College of Virginia and the Richmond Professional Institute following the recommendations from the Wayne Commission in 1967. The Wayne Commission's report was digitized previously and is also available in the VCU Libraries Digital Collection.
You are here:
- Noise alert: New furniture being installed on Cabell's fourth floor
- VCU Libraries open 10 a.m. Tuesday
- The Next Generation: Library catalog evolves, moves to the cloud
- Health sciences library celebrates 80 years on 12th Street
- Unseen Richmond topic of book launch talk for "From a Richmond Streetcar"
VCU Board of Visitors Minutes
Posted July 22, 2010 11:16 AM in Archive