In the exhibit area on the fourth floor of James Branch Cabell Library, two new exhibits of book art are on display. The first focuses on pieces from the Women's Studio Workshop, the nation's largest publisher of hand-printed, hand-bound books. Founded in 1974, the Workshop has published nearly 200 volumes. Special Collections & Archives at James Branch Cabell Library is a repository for the Workshop and has over 170 volumes from its collection. The second exhibit is of travel-themed pieces and includes the work of Linda K. Johnson, a graduate of VCU's MFA in Visual Communication program.
You are here:
- Noise alert: New furniture being installed on Cabell's fourth floor
- VCU Libraries open 10 a.m. Tuesday
- The Next Generation: Library catalog evolves, moves to the cloud
- Health sciences library celebrates 80 years on 12th Street
- Unseen Richmond topic of book launch talk for "From a Richmond Streetcar"
New book art on display
Posted April 21, 2011 3:17 PM in Exhibits and Events