Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences is hosting the National Library of Medicine's "A Voyage To Health," traveling exhibition through Dec. 17. "A Voyage To Health" explores the revival of the ancient arts of navigation and voyaging that first brought the people of Hawaii to their island homes. Much of the valuable knowledge of voyaging was lost as a consequence of the suppression of traditional ways. As part of a wider movement to reintroduce traditional ways, Native Hawaiians are mastering the knowledge and skills of their elders. By restoring their heritage, this new generation seeks to heal the people. "A Voyage to Health" explores this resurgence and its significance for health, well-being and self-determination.
You are here:
- Noise alert: New furniture being installed on Cabell's fourth floor
- VCU Libraries open 10 a.m. Tuesday
- The Next Generation: Library catalog evolves, moves to the cloud
- Health sciences library celebrates 80 years on 12th Street
- Unseen Richmond topic of book launch talk for "From a Richmond Streetcar"
See 'Voyage to Health' through Dec. 17
Posted November 16, 2011 2:46 PM in Exhibits and Events