The project is designed to make getting across campus easier and faster for students who have occasional need of two-wheel transportation.
The bicycles are Sun Atlas coasters with foot breaks and without gears.
There are four bikes available at James Branch Cabell Library and another four bikes available at Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences.
- Bikes must be returned to the location where they were borrowed.
- Bikes are loaned for 24 hours; patrons can renew them for an
additional 24 hours using My Library Record or by calling the service
desk at either library (Cabell Library 828-1111; Tompkins-McCaw Library
- Overdue fines of $25 per day or portion of a day are assessed on bikes not returned by the date and time due.
- Helmets are
loaned with the bikes, and are available in small/medium and large/extra
large; both are adjustable.
- The seat height is also adjustable, and an Allen wrench (also known as a hex key) is available for patrons to use.
- Bikes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Patrons are required to sign a waiver of liability statement before they can check out the key to the lock securing a particular bike to the rack in front of the library building.