Los Angeles-based writer Daniel Olivas interviews Justin Torres, recipient of the 2012 Cabell First Novelist Award, in a lengthy article in the Los Angeles Review of Books. The interview mentions VCU and the high quality of entries for the award. Torres also tells the interviewer that he won't prepare much for his Nov. 8 book talk and Q&A in Richmond. "I'm pretty terrible at prepared remarks. I much prefer spontaneity and interacting with audience questions. Also, I'm more frank, and crass, and honest, if I'm not given time to prepare." The article
You are here:
- Noise alert: New furniture being installed on Cabell's fourth floor
- VCU Libraries open 10 a.m. Tuesday
- The Next Generation: Library catalog evolves, moves to the cloud
- Health sciences library celebrates 80 years on 12th Street
- Unseen Richmond topic of book launch talk for "From a Richmond Streetcar"