Here at the library and across campus there are many things going on that of interest to those in the SON and I just want to call your attention to them.
"Whetting Your Appetite for Research" - Brown Bag Series
VCU Libraries and the Center for Clinical & Translational Research hold excellent talks on various topics that deal with research and pull on the expertise of researchers here at VCU. They are excellent sessions that would be of real use to anyone who is interested in research and publishing. You just need to bring yourself, something to eat (drinks are included) and bring an interested friend if you want. Some of the upcoming workshops are:
Effective Literature Searching to Support Your Research
October 27, 2011, 12 - 1PM Tompkins-McCaw Library, Room 2-012
Tips for effectively and efficiently conducting a literature search using library resources & services
Presenter: Barbara Wright, Research Services Librarian, Tompkins-McCaw Library
Show Me the Money
November 17, 2011, 12 - 1PM TompkinsMcCaw Library, Room 2-012
Discover how to find an appropriate mechanism to fund your research
Presenter: Jessica Venable, Grant/Research Analyst, Office of Research
Th Thursday, October 6, 2011 - Noon Film Screening: Secret Life of the Brain: The Aging Brain (Hunton Student Center)
· Friday, October 7, 2011 - 7:00pm A Literary Evening with Tayari Jones (University Student Commons)
· Monday, October 17, 2011 - Noon PubMed (Hunton Student Center)
· Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - Noon Drug Information Resources
· Thursday, October 20, 2011 - Noon Finding Health Statistics Online (Hunton Student Center)
· Monday, October 24, 2011 - 10:00am RefWorks (Sanger Hall)
· Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 4:00pm Where's the Evidence?
· Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - Noon Web of Science (Hunton Student Center)
· Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 1:00pm Open Access Scholarly Publishing for Faculty (Cabell Library)
· Monday, October 31, 2011 - 4:00pm & 5:00pm Grave Robbing, Goblins, and Ghouls: Anatomical Education in 19th Century Richmond Tour (MCV Campus/Egyptian Building)
New Books and other Resources (Electronic and On the Shelf)
Nursing informatics : where technology and caring meet / Marion J. Ball ... [et al.], (editors).
Evidence-based teaching in nursing : a foundation for educators / Sharon Cannon, Carol Boswell.
Clinical research for the doctor of nursing practice / Allison J. Terry.
NCLEX-PN exam prep [electronic resource] / Wilda Rinehart, Diann Sloan, Clara Hurd.
Internet Resources RT55 .R563 2011eb