- Please review the TMLGAC Blog for upcoming meeting agenda and specific material that you will need to review prior to our scheduled meetings
- Let Emily know if you have any conflicts with the scheduled meeting dates. The meeting dates are located under the "Pages" section of the blog. If there is a class conflict, you will be excused but will be asked to still review some material in your absence.
Guest: Teresa Knott - Tompkins-McCaw Library Director and Associate University Librarian
Overview of renovations to Multi-collaboration room (MCR) in basement and 2nd floor study space.
- The different color choices were discussed.
- There was some discussion regarding access to power outlets and Internet access (both wired and wireless). With these renovations, additional electrical outlets and computer networking options may be provided i.e. ceiling mounted options will be explored.
- Additional collaborative study space is desired, however, having the ability to access silent study is also recommended.
- Concerns over usage of the new spaces: Quiet Study vs. Collaborative Study. The library staff will try to encourage a quiet study space on the second floor with signage and monitoring noise levels.
- Access to Wireless - TML does have some access issues regarding wireless.
- ILLiad - A discussion regarding access to materials through the library while on rotation was brought up. This was answered by the changing of your local address in your ILLiad account to your location.
- Study Spaces - Limitations on group study spaces reservation times. You are only able to reserve a group study for three times for a two hour period per week. We will look to see the rooms could be reserved for more times. Look for updates on this issue
- White Boards - White boards in various sizes have been requested for TML. Using them to model certain procedures or formulas could be helpful when studying. The library will look into possible attainment of these boards.
- Items available at the Circulation desk for use - a request was made for a list of items available for library patrons to purchase or check-out at the TML Service Desk i.e. white board makers, head phones, etc.
Next Meeting: October 13th, 2011 @ noon in the Library Instruction Classroom, Second Floor