- Facebook - A Facebook group has been created for TMLGAC. Please search for the TMLGAC group on Facebook and request to join. I will approve you to be part of the group.
- Joining TMLGAC Next Year - I will be emailing out a link to a form to fill out about joining TMLGAC next year. I have started to look at calendars to find the most convenient times for all. You may sign up but if have several conflicts with the dates, you may withdraw your application.
- Feedback - The Library Suggestion Blog is another way library users can submit feed back to the library about their concerns. The ability to submit screen capture was suggested. The capabilities of the blog will be investigated to see if this feature could be added.
3. Open Discussion
- Book Search Challenge and Stacks Changes - Lynne Turman, head of Collections at TML discussed the potential change to the book stacks to reflect a different model of organization. It will reflect the image to the right. TMLGAC members comment how finding materials was not difficult in the current stack set up. Signage available assists in finding the material and having the ability to browse for like materials next to each other is very helpful. Members expressed concern over the man-hours it would take to make this change and how they don't use the book collection as much to warrant such a change.
- STF Funding - Shannon Jones, head of Research and Education at TML, presented the few items TML has included on the STF funding list. This included a high powered scanner and computer upgrades. Mac Laptops are not on the list as they will be supplied by VCU Tech Services and be offered for checkout soon. A final list will potentially be shown at the final meeting of TMLGAC.
- TMLGAC Awards - Emily has submitted paperwork to have the award distributed at the last meeting of the year. This money will only be distributed if there are no outstanding balances on your account.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 25 - Conference Room - 1st Floor - Tompkins-McCaw Library