1) TML has many renovations happing in the building this winter. We have had the stacks carrels painted and desk tops replaced. The restroom stalls on the basement and 2nd floor have been replaced. The bathroom sinks counter on the first floor has been replaced. And last but not least, the entry stairs are being replaced. We apologize for the noise as these renovations continue.
3) Follow-up from Previous Meetings
1) I will be sending out Google Calendar invites for the meetings in addition to the agenda. As a person who lives by her Google Calendar, I hope it will help with organizing your schedules and to know when the meetings are.
A) Potential programming ideas from the last meeting have been paired with potential VCU partners to produce the programming. We hope to have some of this programming arranged for the late spring and new school year.
5) Guest - Ronke Lawal - LibQual+ Survey Question feedback
A) We posted a group of questions which will be asked on the new LibQual+ Survey the library will be implementing in the spring of 2013. Many gave feedback regarding electronic access to materials was good but felt it was a bit confusing finding journals in print in the library. We will explore potential options to make it clearer in the VCU Libraries Search results on how to get print journals. The Interlibrary Loan time frame was also brought up for discussion. It is hard for us to gauge when a request is submitted to when it is going to be fill because we are dependent upon other libraries to fill those requests. These records are monitored to see if there is a need to purchase a frequently requested item to add to the VCU Libraries collection.
B) If you receive this survey in the spring, please take it. The library does not survey often so when we do, it is important to capture as much information as possible. There will be a chance to win an iPad or a Barnes and Noble Gift Card. Every survey taken will donate $1 to the Central Virginia Food Bank.
6) Next Meeting: February 21st, 2103 @ Noon in the 1st Floor Conference Room