AccessMedicine now available
VCU Libraries is pleased to announce the availability of AccessMedicine from McGraw-Hill. This new online resource features over 60 medical book titles, drug information, thousands of images and illustrations, interactive self-assessment programs, case files, diagnostic tools and the ability to download content to a mobile device.
The Clinical Library includes such well-known and trusted book titles as:
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- Hurst's The Heart
- Schwartz's Principles of Surgery
- Williams Obstetrics
- Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics
The Lange Educational Library provides access to texts in basic science and clinical medicine, including titles in the Current Diagnosis & Treatment series.
AccessMedicine also includes these other online resources and features:
- Drug Database - Gold Standard's Clinical Pharmacology drug database with full length drug monographs, patient handouts in English and Spanish, and full-color photos of formulations
- Over 35,000 images, downloadable for presentations and educational use
- Q&A for Board Review - USMLE-formatted questions for Step 1, Step 2, and Step 3; self-assessment questions with answers and detailed explanations from Harrison's Online and other leading textbooks.
- Diagnostic Tests and Diagnosaurus - laboratory and imaging tests from Nicoll's Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests and a differential diagnosis tool that links directly into AccessMedicine for more learning.
- Videos & Audio - online Grand Rounds, procedural videos, audio clips and podcasts, and weekly online medical updates.
- Health News - from The Center for Advancing Health, including "What Your Patients are Reading Now" and "Systematic Reviews in the News."
- Practice Guidelines - from the latest edition of Current Practice Guidelines in Primary Care.
- Case Files - clinical cases from Toy's best-selling series with discussions, clinical pearls and review questions.
- Patient Education -- over 100 topics from Postgraduate Medicine that can be customized and printed for patients.
- Clerkship Corner - readings for students rotating through Internal Medicine.
- Curriculum Tools - available for program directors to design custom learning modules with resources for clinical rotations.
- MyAccessMedicine - a personal account to access the mobile version of the site, save and download images, email content and bookmark favorite sections.