Access Medicine : Open Workshop November 7 @ Hunton Student Center
Access Medicine is a multimedia database licensed by the VCU Libraries. The database is regularly updated and contains images, interactive self-assessments on an assortment of topics, case files, and diagnostic tools. The resources contained in this database are ones that users can access while on campus but also remotely from home.
- Electronic Books:contains
more than 60 f titles. These books not only contain the full text of
the book you would find on the shelf, but also many have exclusive
online content that is updated regularly. Some of the titles that are
contained in the database are
Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 18e
CURRENT Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2012
Hurst's The Heart, 13e
Goodman & Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 12e
Williams Obstetrics, 23eBasic & Clinical Pharmacology, 11e
Schwartz's Principles of Surgery, 9e
Adams and Victor's Principles of Neurology, 9e
- Case Files: there are 150 cases that are selected from the LANGE Case Files™ series and Pathophysiology of Disease: An Introduction to Clinical Medicine, 6e that can be searched by case number or by specialty. Each case provides information on the case or condition along with questions to help the user to assess their understanding.
- Question & Answer (Q&A): this section is good for self-assessment on an assortment of medical topics. In this section you can access the USMLE Lite
along with questions from other texts in the collection. The nice
thing about these assessments is that links are provided upon answering
that provide further information.
- Clerkship Corner: provides a set of readings that are targeted to students who are doing internal medicine rotations.
- Other Highlights: the database also contains treatment guidelines and drug monographs.