Renewals. A request to renew VCU Libraries materials extends the loan period on items you have checked out. Renewals are available to all registered borrowers. Library materials cannot be renewed if the items are overdue, on "hold" or "recall," or if needed for course reserve. NOTE: Interlibrary loan materials may be renewed only by contacting Interlibrary Loan.
- VCU students, faculty and staff may renew materials online using VCU Libraries My Account, e-Shelf, and Saved Searches
- Patrons may renew materials using our online form (https://www.library.vcu.edu/forms/renewals.html)
borrowers may renew materials by telephone:
- (804) 828-1111
- During all hours Cabell Library is open
To renew, you must have a current (unexpired) record and no library blocks for fees, fines or services
- Materials which can be renewed
- Items from the open and circulating collections of Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library
circulating materials located in the general
book collections, Media and Reserve Services,
and the government document collections
number of renewals for individual items depends
upon borrowing status, e.g., faculty, student, staff, etc.
- The number of renewals for individual items depends upon borrowing status, e.g., faculty, student, staff, etc.
- Materials may not be renewed in these circumstances:
- Items are overdue
- Items were acquired through Interlibrary Loan Services
- Items originally checked out from the Secured Collection
- Bound journals or reference materials were checked out with special approval
- Items with holds and recalls pending
- Patrons have fees, fines, or service blocks
- Patrons with an expired account