2011 MAC Student Vision Scholarship
The Membership and Recruitment Committee of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter (MAC) of the Medical Library Association invites library students to apply for a conference scholarship to attend the 2011 MAC Annual Meeting which will be held from October 10-12, 2011, at the Omni Hotel in Richmond, VA.
Students attending the conference are invited to explore the benefits of health sciences librarianship through interaction, networking, and mentorship. Special programming elements are being designed for student involvement. This unique opportunity for emerging professionals includes:
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception on October 10, 2011
- Inclusive Registration for October 11 - 12, 2011
- Conference buddy assignment
- Resume Clinic, October 11, 5:00 -6:00 p.m.
- Workshop: Your First Day at Work - The Right and Wrong Way to Launch a Career,
October 11, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m
In addition, two student posters will be accepted for presentation as part of the official program.
Five scholarships will be awarded. Along with complimentary registration for the Welcome Reception on October 13th and full-day registration for October 14th, scholarship recipients will receive meals that are provided as part of the conference program.
The Student Vision Scholarship does not include travel expenses to the conference (airfare, mileage, or car rental), accommodations (hotel), or meals outside of conference programming on Oct 11-12 as defined above.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A current library student:
- Attending an ALA accredited library school in the MAC region or
- Working in the MAC region and attending any distance education ALA accredited library school.
- Full or part-time student
- Willing to submit a ½ page report detailing their experience and impressions of the program to appear in the MAC Messages newsletter.
- Committed to attend the Welcome Reception on October 10 and the Resume Clinic an workshop on October 11
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Meet all the eligibility criteria
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a library school faculty member
- Submit an essay (no more than 500 words) describing their interest in health sciences librarianship
- Submit a current resume and cover letter
Deadline for Submission
Completed applications should be emailed to Shannon D. Jones and Ryan Harris, co-coordinators of the Student Vision Scholarship at email@example.com by Friday, September 16, 2011. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.