Most of the forms below are electronic. Those marked with (pdf) require the free Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Item Request Form
- Request holds and recalls on items checked out; deliveries between Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library; or searches for missing VCU Libraries' materials.
- Item Renewal Form
- Request renewal of VCU Libraries' materials. VCU students, faculty and staff should use VCU Libraries My Account, e-Shelf, and Saved Searches for online renewals. See Renewing Materials.
Ask a question, make a suggestion, request a service:
- Ask a Librarian Form
- Email VCU Libraries for help. Questions are submitted to Cabell Library or Tompkins-McCaw Library depending upon your campus. Other Ask a Librarian options include phone, fax, and in-person.
- VCU Libraries Consultation Request Form
- Request an appointment for personalized in-depth assistance with your research needs. Appointments available Monday - Friday.
- Investigation Request
- Request that library charges for overdue, lost or damaged materials be reviewed. This constitutes the first step in the appeal process.
- Logon Problem Report Form
- Use this form when you are unable to access VCU Libraries resources. If you are connecting from home, be sure you have read the VCU Libraries connect from home information before you submit this form.
- Purchase Suggestion for Collection Management Form
- Request that the Libraries consider purchasing a new book, video, journal subscription, or database.
- Express your concerns and/or suggestions about your experience at VCU Libraries to library administration.
Make a Gift, become a Friend of the Libraries:
- Book Donation Form (pdf)
- Give materials to the Library. See Book Donation Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- Friends of the Library and Alumni Friends Registration Form | PDF Version (pdf)
- For anyone wishing to become a Friend of the Library. Benefits include borrowing privileges. See Borrowing Privileges for more information.
- Consortia Registration Form (pdf)
- Employees, Students and Affiliates Borrower's Registration Form (pdf)
- Request borrowing privileges and remote access to online resources. For VCU students, faculty, staff, Board of Visitors, VCU Hospital System employees, and Affiliate Programs members. See Borrowing Privileges.
- Virginia BioTechnology Research Park Registration Form (pdf)
- See Borrowing Privileges for more information.
- Course and Program Review Form | Printable Version
- Complete the electronic or print form to request a collection assessment report for a proposed course or program.
- Course Reserves Request Form
- Request personal material, copies, or VCU Libraries books or media be placed on traditional or electronic reserves. Also use this form to reactivate courses for upcoming semesters or to take material off reserves.
- Reserve Request Form (pdf type enabled)
- Older form than above, for hand written submissions or for faculty without VCU eIDs.
- Film Booking Form, Media & Reserve Services
- For faculty and staff: request film materials on specific show dates for use in classes or staff training. Can also be used to request DVD or video materials from RALC Media Cooperative. See Innovative Media Services for more information.
- Faculty Proxy Borrowers' Registration Form (pdf)
- For faculty (and other pre-approved individuals): authorize up to five persons to charge library materials in the faculty member's name.
- Faculty Spouse/Partner Designation form (pdf)
- For faculty: designate a spouse or partner to borrow library materials on your own patron account. The designated spouse or partner is required to complete a Employees, Students and Affiliates Borrower's Registration Form (pdf) as well.
- Instruction Reservation Request Form
- Use to request library instruction sessions for your classes.
- TML Classroom Request Form
- Use to submit a request to reserve the TML Classroom, Room 2-006.