Connect from Home: Using EZProxy
Connecting to VCU Libraries resources is as easy as EZProxy. Just login using your eID. This is the same username and password you use for VCU email and for Blackboard. VCU Technology Services provides an information page about the eid.
- EZProxy will connect you to almost all VCU Libraries electronic resources linked from the Find Information page . These resources include the databases on the A to Z List labeled , online journals, and online books.
- Select an electronic resource or the VCU Libraries catalog. Enter your eID on the login page.
- You only have to do this once per session. When you log off your current online session, the system forgets your user name and password, so the authentication box will appear again when you reconnect and try to connect to a library resource.
- EZProxy should provide access to VCU Libraries resources from any location, including from workplace computers.
- The VCU Libraries Catalog is available to anyone. However, selecting a database or other electronic resource link from a catalog record will launch the EZProxy login screen.
- Verify your eID, then try to log into your VCU email account or Blackboard. If you are not successful there, please submit a Logon Problem Report to tell us what you are unable to access. Contact the VCU Technology Services Help Desk if you have forgotten your password.
- More remote access help information (If you still cannot connect after looking at these solutions, Ask a Librarian for help)
- Remote users cannot connect to resources in the Databases A to Z and Subject List of Databases lists with the following labels: , or . These resources are CD-ROMs located either in one of our two libraries or on the Libraries' Local Area Network. You must be in one of the libraries using a library computer in order to search these databases.