James Branch Cabell Library 24x5 Hours
Stressed about exams and term papers? We're here for you! James Branch Cabell Library will be open 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, Sunday morning through Friday evening, during Fall and Spring Extended Exam Hours.
Only users with a valid VCU ID will be allowed in the building between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Why Lite?
Services available during late-night hours will be limited:
- Circulation and Information Services, including laptop loans
- Group study rooms - 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors
- Individual quiet study - 3rd and 4th floors
- Online resources - VCU Libraries Catalog, databases, e-journals/e-books, Internet
Services available during their regularly scheduled hours:
- Research and Instruction
- Media and Reserves
- Special Collections and Archives
- VCU Technology Services Help Desk
- Other Stuff
We are excited to offer this service; your cooperation is necessary to ensure that the library continues to be a comfortable place for others. Please adhere to the following guidelines when using the library:
- No alcohol
- Food and Drink Regulation remains in effect
- No blankets, pillows, electrical appliances, or plans to "camp out" in the library. If you are ready for bed, go home.
- Theft is a reality. Never leave your personal belongings unattended, even for a short time.
- VCU Security Escort Services are available