Registering for Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services
VCU employees and students are encouraged to create an interlibrary loan account by registering with ILLiad. VCU Libraries relies upon the information you provide in your ILLiad profile to send you alerts about materials availability, cancellation, delivery and other notices. ILLiad is an acronym for Interlibrary Loan Internet Accessible Database. Go to ILLiad to register as a VCU user.
Use your VCU eID and password to access ILLiad.
- Be sure to include your name as it appears on your VCU official records. Do not use nicknames or any abbreviated form of your name unless it appears that way on your VCU official records.
- Include your current mailing address and update it regularly. The address on your ILLiad record is not linked to your eID so changing your address with VCU Enrollment or Personnel Services does not update your ILLiad address. This is especially important if you have items mailed to you.
- Use your VCU email address to avoid problems with undelivered email.
- Enter a telephone number where you can be reached during the business hours of Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Choose your delivery preferences for book, videos, and other returnables. Choose a delivery preference for copies when electronic delivery is not feasible.
- Include your status so that you receive the proper service and are not denied services or charged for services you are entitled to receive for free. If no status is provided, your ILLiad record may be disavowed and your requests denied.
- Select the library with the collection you use most often for “Library.”
- Select “Other” if you do not see a department that identifies your major or area of employment. We continue to add and revise the list of departments as the University changes. Contact us to request changes in the list of departments.