Services and Fees for VCU Faculty, Staff, Students, and Health System Employees
Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services are extended to all currently employed and enrolled employees and students of Virginia Commonwealth University. This includes:
- Full-time, part-time, administrative, collateral, emeriti,and retired faculty members.
- Faculty not employed full-time at the University who participate in educational, research and/or clinical programs and are affiliated with the INOVA Health System.
- Employees of the Hunter Holmes McGuire Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) who have been granted a full-time academic appointment with the University.
- Full-time and part-time undergraduate, graduate, and professional students.
Below is a list of services provided.
Users who register for ILLiad with a Zip code outside Metro Richmond are eligible for Enhanced Services with reduced fees.
- Use Interlibrary Loan Service to request materials (books, articles, dissertations, patents, etc.) that are not available in the VCU Libraries' collections.
- Allow from 1 to 4 weeks for delivery of returnables such as books, videos, and dissertations. Allow from 1 - 7 business days for delivery of copies such as articles and book chapters. Delivery, turnaround time, and due dates are determined by the lending institutions.
- Use ILLiad to request interlibrary loan service.
- There is no charge for borrowing materials from another library. However, if you request the delivery of books, dissertations, media, and other returnable items to your residence or office in Metro-Richmond, there is a $5.00 delivery charge. There is no delivery fee if your registered ILLiad address is outside Metro Richmond.
- Library staff will retrieve, copy, and deliver copies of articles from journals, chapters from books, or patents owned by VCU Libraries.
- Library staff will retrieve and deliver or hold for pick-up at one of the VCU Libraries circulating copies of books and media.
- Allow 48 business hours from the time of receipt by staff for processing your request.
- Complete the appropriate ILLiad request form.
- There is a $5.00* per filled request (copies, books and media) if your registered ILLiad address is in Metro-Richmond.
- There is no charge if your registered ILLiad address is outside Metro Richmond.
- There is no charge for retrieving materials located in storage. There is a $5 delivery charge if the item is delivered to resident or office and users who reside within Metro-Richmond.
- For VCU faculty, staff and Health System Employees, there is no charge for copies of articles from VCU Libraries' electronic journal collection or chapters from the VCU Libraries' electronic book collection.
* (VCU Libraries reserves the right to double the charge for copies over 30 pages.)