- Music Online, including the Classical Music Library, the Classical Scores Library, and the Jazz Music Library - The largest multi-label music recording databases featuring downloads, streams, genres, biographies and music history. Create and share play lists.
- American History in Video - a rich collection of documentaries, archival footage, newsreels, and classic film studies documentaries: more than 6,000 titles. While the focus of the collection is American history, it's material can support scholarship across all disciplines.
- Counseling and Therapy in Video - Online collection for the study of social work, psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatric counseling. Currently holds over 600 videos, transcripts and guides.
- Dance in Video - online dance performances and documentaries about choreographes and dance training. Currently holds over 700 titles.
- Education in Video - Online collection of streaming video for training and developing teachers. Will contain over 3,000 video titles featuring teaching demonstrations, lectures, documentaries, and primary source footage of students and teachers in actual classrooms.
- Ethnographic in Video - Online collection of streaming video for the visual study of human culture and behavior. will contain over 750 hours of classic and contemporary documentaries. Includes field notes, liner notes, filmmaker biographies, articles and study guides. Global in scope, included footage from every continent and hundreds of uniques cultures.
- Filmakers Library Online - Award-winning documentaries presenting points of view and historical and current experiences from diverse cultures and traditions world-wide. Over 1000 titles; subjects include race and gender studies, human rights, globalization, multiculturalism, internation relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature and more.
- Theatre in Video - contains more than 250 definitive performances of the world's plays and more than 100 documentaries, representing hundreds of leading playwrights, actors and directors. Look for the Royal Shakespeare Co. on BBC and American theater groups such as The Actors Studio.
- CDs (8,200)
- Phonograph records (9,500)
- Music scores (13,400)
- DVDs (8,000), standard format and Blu-Ray
- Videos (8,500)
- 16mm films (706)
- Computer software (2,300)
- Other media: laserdiscs, cassettes, slides, filmstrips and more
- John L. Clark Collection of Jazz Recordings
Curriculum material and textbooks for preschool - 12th grade, Adult Education and English as a Second Language to support the VCU School of Education
Visual and sound collections for which VCU has production rights:
- AP Images - Photos, charts, illustrations and audio clips from the Associated Press, from 1826 to yesterday's news.
- ImagesMD - Online encyclopedia of over 50,000 medical images.
- The Art of Foley - 10 CD's for Sound Ideas.
- BBC Sound Effects Library - Over 3,000 sound effects, with an index. 40 CD's or LP's
- Sound Ideas Sound Effects Library - 219 CD's with sound effects and ambient tracks, with an index. Includes Lucasfilm Ltd. sound collection.
- Extreme Music Library - 14 CD Production Music Library
- The Video Encyclopedia of the 20th Century - 87 hours of historic primary source film footage, with an index and reference texts. Covers late 19th Century through 1986. 44 laserdiscs.
- ITN/Reuters Stock Footage Library - 8 videos of European news footage.
- The Elegant Solution - 13 videos with clips of engineering achievements from 20 countries.
- The American History Slide Collection - 2,100 35mm slides covering American history and culture
- Western Civilization Slide Collection - 21,000 35mm slides covering Western History and Culture.