Stations may be reserved up to a week in advance. Consultations available by appointment.
Phone 804.827.3594 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
(PC and Mac) Scan images, slides, negatives, transparencies and text. Save as digital images, pdfs, documents and other formats or send to printer. These scanners are equipped with 11"x17" flatbeds and automatic document feeders. Software includes Adobe Photoshop CS6, Adobe InDesign CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe Acrobat Pro X and more. For large batch slide scanning, IM recommends an orientation appointment for your first session.
(PC Only) Capture from phonograph, cassette, digital audio tape, scanner (for scores), an M-Audio Key Rig 25 keyboard & and other formats. Save as digital audio files or burn to audio CD. Stations are equipped with the Creative Labs Audigy2 ZS Card. Software includes Sound Forge 9.0, Sibelius 5, PhotoScore Ultimate and more.
(PC and Mac) Capture from VHS, Hi-8, DV Tape, DVD, camcorder and other formats. Export as analog or digital video, save as digital video files or burn to DVD or Blu-ray. These stations are equipped with (Zone-free, All-region, Multi-format) HS/DVD players and analog to digital converters. Software includes Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Adobe After Effects CS6, NeroVision 5, Discreet Media Cleaner XL, Apple Final Cut X, DVD Studio Pro 3, Garage Band, and more. Our newest addition is a 3D Animation station with AutoDesk Maya, 3ds Max, Unity, Sculptris, Steam and more.
Additional accessories available for loan
- Stereo Headphones to accompany stations
- 9 in 1 Media and SDHD card readers
- USB thumb drives (32GB, 3 day loan)
- External harddrives (100GB and 200GB)
- Slide, negative and transparency holders for scanners
- Samson Go USB mics
- Zoom H1 digital audio recorders
- Portable green screen and lights
- SONY HDR-CX290 High Definition Camcorder
- Sony TRV900 3CCD Mini DV recorder (tapes not included)
- CamQuip fluid pan head tripods
- ACER P1303W and NEC LT20 portable digital projectors
- Plextor external DVD/CD RW drive
- Slide projector
- VHS-C to VHS adapters
- RCA, S-Video, Firewire, USB, Thunderbolt, HDMI, Display Port cables/cords
- Sound Ideas effects library (over 250 CDs)
Group Viewing Room
Cabell Library Room 310 is available for curricular use by the university community for group viewing or listening. The room key is available for 4-hour loan at the Innovative Media service desk. Maximum capacity: 10. The room can be reserved in advance by calling Innovative Media at 804.827.3594 or emailing email@example.com.
- 47" HD LED 3D TV monitor (LG 47LM6200)
- Blu-ray disc player (Sharp Aquos BD-HP20U)
- HD DVD disc player (Toshiba HD-A35)
- Professional videocassette player (Sharp XA-410)
- Pioneer laserdisc player
- Umatic 3/4" player
- 16mm projector
- Yamaha Surround speaker system
- JVC A/V control receiver
|Coming Soon to the Group Viewing Room: PlayStation and Xbox Gaming Systems
A variety of equipment workstations for viewing or listening to media are available on a first come, first served basis.
- PC & MAC multimedia computer stations (CD-ROM's, DVD's & Blu-ray's)
- Videocassette players (VHS and U-matic), with closed captioning
- International Format VHS recorder/players and Multiregion DVD players
- JVC Professional Series VHS to DVD Recorder
- Digital Video Disc (DVD& Blu-ray) players
- Laserdisc players
- Digital Audio Tape (DAT) players / recorders
- Compact disc (CD) and phonograph players
- Audiocassette players and recorders
- 16 mm film projectors
- 35 mm slide and filmstrip viewers (w/ sound synchronization)
- Microform scanners (scan and save as .pdf or image file, then print or email)
If you have special equipment needs, feel free to contact us. We have a variety of format players and can hook them up to the stations by appointment.
- Use of the multimedia sampling stations is limited to VCU students, faculty, and employees.
- Stations are loaned for 4-hour periods.
- Stations are self-service. Staff are immediately available for basic orientation and equipment support.
- Advanced Appointments are encouraged for consultation or more detailed instruction.
- Equipment is made available on a priority basis as follows. You may be bumped for a patron whose purpose has a higher priority.
- Priority A: VCU students, faculty, and staff for VCU scholarship and research.
- Priority B: VCU students, faculty, and staff for personal or entertainment purposes.
- Workstations are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, unless reserved. Stations may be reserved up to a week in advance. To reserve a station, email Innovative Media or call 827-3594.
- Patrons must checkout stations at the Innovative Media service desk prior to use. VCU ID is required. Statistics and information from the checkout process will help to support and improve the service.
- Patrons must comply with the copyright law, VCU Computer and Network Resources Use Policy, Guidelines for Faculty and Staff Use of Communication Media, and VCU license agreements.
- Maintaining a consistent interface is essential for public service. Patrons abusing this policy with be barred from this service.
- Changing workstation configuration outside the needs of your project is prohibited.
- Adding and deleting programs is not allowed.
- Audio and Scanning Stations automatically delete locally saved files on reboot, therefore files should be copied to an external device or the cloud. Some file saving options are:
- Check out an external harddrive or USB stick from Innovative Media.
- VCU FileDrop.
- Burn to disk
- Video Stations have a second harddrive where you may save your projects, though there is always a risk when leaving files on a public station. Better to back up your work.