About this Site
This online exhibit was created in November 2002 by Jolene Milot, then a senior in VCU's History Department program, and Ray Bonis, Assistant Archivist, James Branch Cabell Library. This site is based on the research of Ms. Milot, whose work in 2002 led to new insights into the "open air museum of architectural history" that exists on the 800, 900, and 1000 blocks of VCU's Monroe Park Campus.
Special thanks to Linda George, Photography Services Director, VCU's Creative Services, for sharing her knowledge about Richardsonian architecture. Ms. George was very generous with her time and slides in the creation of this site.
Thanks to the Valentine Richmond History Centerfor permission to use four black and white images from its photograph collection. For more information about the collections and resources available at the Valentine Richmond History Center, visit their web site.
Thanks also to Linda George and Jennifer Watston of VCU's Creative Services for use of their images of the William J. Anderson House, 1000 West Franklin Street, and other West Franklin Street images.
All other images used in the site were either taken by Jolene Milot or are from collections held by Special Collections and Archives.