July 24, 2013
CRCnetBASE is a collection of more than 9,300 ebooks in more than 350 subject areas with a focus on science, technology and medicine. It has won awards for best reference, best platform and outstanding academic resource. It's also accessible from any mobile device. The database also includes collections with specific focuses:
- CHEMnetBASE includes chemical and chemical-related dictionaries like Handbook of Physics and Chemistry, Dictionary of Natural Products, Dictionary of Commonly Cited Compounds and many more. It has an interactive periodic table and quick search for chemical and physical properties of compounds.
- FORENSICnetBASE offers ebooks on forensics, computer crime investigation, criminal justice, law enforcement, security management and more, with applications in both humanities and science fields.
- ENVIROnetBASE encompasses EnvironmentalENGINEERINGnetBASE and EnvironmentalSCIENCEnetBASE, with interactive ebooks on a variety of environmental topics. Subject areas include environmental engineering, forestry, earth science, GIS and mapping, wildlife science, landscape ecology and more.
- ENGnetBASE covers civil, electrical, industrial, mechanical and mining engineering, as well as more specific areas like networking communications, packaging and bioprocessing.
- MATERIALSnetBASE offers 50 handbooks and reference materials on topics like adhesives, ceramics and glass, fire science, surface engineering, metals and alloys and industrial textiles.