Partnerships and Consortia
Local and national partnerships augment VCU Libraries' collection and expand the research universe for faculty and students. Consortia, common in the academic library world, provide access either to cost-effective cooperative purchases of licensed resources or to expedited resource-sharing. These include LYRASIS, ASERL and its KUDZU resource-sharing cooperative and reciprocal Interlibrary Loan agreement and the Richmond Academic Library Consortium.
- As a member of the Richmond Area Library Consortium (RALC), we share resources with other Central Virginia academic libraries through a borrowing pass service, materials loans and a shuttle service.
- The Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) offers a wealth of online resources in every field of learning and a Cooperative Borrowing Program.
- Through Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Service, librarians secure materials from other institutions and deliver them digitally, by mail or for pickup.
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries(ASERL)
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine Resource Libraries
- OCLC Reciprocal Faculty Borrowing Program
- Richmond Academic Library Consortium (RALC)
- RapidILL ASERL Pod
- Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) and VIVA Universal Borrowing Program
- Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC)
- Coalition for Networked Information (CNI)
- Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)